1. The World.
2. About God.
3. The Attributes of God
6. The Sign of the Cross.
7. Standing and Bows During Prayer.
8. Different Types of Prayer.
9. When God Hears Our Prayer.
10. Where and How We Can Pray to God.
11. The Church Building.
12. The Priest’s Blessing.
14. Why we call ourselves Orthodox Christians.
Introduction to the Sacred History of the Old and New Testaments.
1. The Creation of Heaven, the Invisible World.
2. The Creation of the Earth, the Visible World.
3. How God Created the First People.
4. The Life of the First People in Paradise.
5. The Fall into Sin.
6. The Results of the Fall into Sin and the Promise of a Saviour.
7. Discussion of the Fall into Sin.
8. Cain and Abel.
9. The Flood.
10. The Life of Noah and His Children After the Flood.
11. The Building of the Tower of Babel and the Scattering of the Peoples.
12. The Appearance of Idolatry.
14. The Appearance of God to Abraham in the Form of Three Strangers.
15. The Destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah.
16. The Offering of Isaac as a Sacrifice.
17. The Marriage of Isaac.
18. Esau and Jacob.
19. Jacob’s Vision of the Mystical Ladder.
21. Joseph in Egypt.
22. Joseph’s Meeting with His Brothers and the Moving of Jacob into Egypt with His Family.
23. The Story of Job the Long-Suffering.
25. Pascha (Passover) and the Exodus from Egypt.
26. The Hebrews Pass Through the Red Sea and other Miracles.
27. God Gives the Law on Mt. Sinai.
28. The Tabernacle.
29. The Forty-year Wandering of the Hebrew People, the Bronze Serpent.
30. The Entry of the Israelites into the Promised Land.
32. The Story of Ruth.
33. Saul, First King of the Israelites.
34. King David.
35. King Solomon.
36. The Division of the Kingdom into Two: Judah and Israel.
37. The Prophets.
38. The Downfall of the Israelite Kingdom.
39. The Fall of the Babylonian Kingdom.
40. The Median-Persian Empire. Prophet Daniel in the Lion’s Den.
41. The Return of the Jews from Captivity in Babylon and the Construction of the Second Temple.
42. The Greek Empire.
The Translation of the Books of the Old Testament into the Greek Language.
43. The Roman Empire. The Universal Expectation of the Messiah.
1. The Nativity of the Holy Virgin Mary.
2. The Entry into the Temple of the Most-holy Virgin Mary.
3. The Announcement of the Angel about the Birth of the Forerunner.
4. The Annunciation to the Holy Virgin Mary.
5. The Visit of the Most-holy Virgin Mary to the Righteous Elizabeth.
6. The Nativity of John the Baptist.
7. The Nativity of Christ the Saviour.
8. The Meeting of the Lord.
9. The Flight into Egypt and Return to Nazareth.
10. The Saviour in the Temple as a Youth.
11. The Preaching of St John the Baptist.
12. The Baptism of the Lord Jesus Christ.
13. The Lord Jesus Christ in the Wilderness.
15. The First Miracle of Jesus Christ.
16. The Merchants are Banished from the Temple.
17. The Conversation with Nicodemus.
18. The Conversation with the Woman of Samaria.
19. The Healing at the Pool of Bethesda.
20. The Lord Chooses Twelve Apostles.
21. The Sermon on the Mount.
22. The Power of Prayer. The Healing of the Paralytic.
23. Parables: the Parable of the Sower.
24. The Stilling of the Storm.
25. Raising of the Daughter of Jairus.
26. The Beheading of St. John the Baptist.
27. The Miraculous Feeding of the People with Five Loaves.
28. Jesus Christ Walking on the Water.
29. The Healing of the Daughter of the Canaanite Woman.
30. The Confession of Peter. The Prediction of the Lord about His Forthcoming Death and Resurrection.
31. The Transfiguration of the Lord.
32. The Parable of the Good Samaritan.
33. Jesus Christ with Martha and Mary.
34. The Saviour Accuses the Pharisees of Sin. Blasphemy Against the Holy Spirit.
35. Healing of the Man Born Blind.
36. The Parable of the Rich Fool.
37. The Parable of the Prodigal Son.
38. The Raising of Lazarus.
39. The Triumphal Entry into Jerusalem.
40. The Parable of the Wicked Tenants.
41. The Betrayal by Judas.
42. The Mystical (Last) Supper.
43. The Prayer of Jesus Christ in the Garden of Gethsemane.
44. The Sanhedrin’s Judgement of Jesus Christ.
45. The Apostle Peter’s Denial.
46. The Trial of Jesus Christ Before Pilate.
47. Pilate’s Last Judgment over Jesus Christ.
48. The Crucifixion and Death of Jesus Christ.
49. The Taking Down from the Cross and Burial of the Saviour.
50. The Resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ.
51. The Appearance of the Risen Jesus Christ to Two Disciples on the Road to Emmaus.
52. The Appearance of the Lord to the Apostles.
53. The Appearance of the Lord to the Apostle Thomas and the Other Apostles.
54. The Ascension of the Lord.
55. The Descent of the Holy Spirit.
56. The Life of the First Christians.
57. Persecution of the Christians by the Jews. The First Martyr St. Stephen.
58. The Dormition of the Mother of God.
59. The Apostolic Council in Jerusalem.
60. The Lives of the Apostles.
61. The Worldwide Persecution of Christians. The Destruction of Jerusalem.
62. The End of Persecutions and the Finding of the Cross.
63. New Enemies of Christianity.
64. The Ecumenical Councils.
65. The Schism of the Roman Church. The Enlightenment of the Slavs.
1. The Purpose of Man.
2. Supernatural Divine Revelation. Holy Tradition and Holy Scripture.
3. Short Summaries of the Ecumenical Councils.
4. The Christian Faith.
5. Christian Life.
6.&der55slo3.html#9;The Ten Commandments of God’s Law.
7. The Nine Beatitudes.
8. Contemporary Teaching and Faith in God.
The Divine Services.
1. The Concept of Serving God.
2. The Church Building and Its Arrangement.
3. The Clergy and Their Vestments.
4. The Order of Divine Services.
5. Divine Service Books.
6. Major Services and Their Rubrics.
7. The Divine Liturgy.
8. Important Actions During the Services and Reflections on their Significance.
9. Great Lent.
10. The Sundays of Lent.
11. The Feast of Pascha.
12. Concerning Monasticism and Monasteries.
13. Bells and Russian Orthodox Peals.
der55slo0.html, (19èþí05), 12íáð06, [ÄÄ-55(0)àð]
BOOK'S FIRST PAGE